The Archipod. Round and Radical Prefab Office Space.
In the interest of fairness (and interesting blogging), I've featured a fabulous Polyhedron shaped office and garden pod, so now, I have to give some press to this wonderful round one!
The Archipod is a prefabricated red cedar shingle-clad insulated structure that opens with a gullwing door. The spherical unit is complete with a built in ergonomic desk, drawers , porthole windows and skylight and is wired with dimmable lights, an electric heater, outlets, a phone line and even a smoke alarm!
The Archipod has a porthole window which allows the natural light to come in and one can order special custom drawers and hardwood veneered desktops. Carpet is also available by request.
The gullwing front door, which has gas strut assistance, comes with a push handle and deadlock:
The curved built in desk measures just over 10 feet and is available in 30 different colors of Marmoleum® linoleum:
The structure is prefabricated in sections that are sized to allow all the parts to be carried through a house, so it doesn’t matter where you live, we will be able to get the ‘Pod’ into your back garden.
Because of its unique shape and the generous natural light from the roof dome, the ‘Pod’ actually looks bigger on the inside than the outside.
'The Pod' Floor Plan & Specs:
Size: 2.9m diameter internally at the widest point x 2.5m to top of dome.
* Curved plywood structural box with encapsulated fibreglass insulation, plasterboard finish internally on high performance foil insulation and vapour barrier to a standard that exceeds current building regulations.
* Fully plastered and decorated after installation, so no visible internal jointing strips.
* Western Red Cedar shingles, blue label grade, on breathable waterproof membrane on battens.
* Cedar shingles are available treated or untreated.
* fatpod section1.0m diameter hinged double skin polycarbonate roof dome to maximise natural light and ventilation.
* Double glazed stainless steel porthole window.
* 8nr Dimmable spotlights
* Concealed background mood lighting, separately switched from spotlights.
* 3nr 13amp Power outlets (these can be extended below the desk using the cable management to provide more outlets.)
* Electric panel heater
* Consumer Unit with MCB’s for power and lighting. (Connection to the house or mains supply is not included – we recommend that an RCD is fiited to the supply end of the incoming SWA cable)
* Data outlet for connection of phone lines
* Smoke alarm
* Fused spur or socket for connection of a security alarm)
* An ergonomic semicircular desk, 700mm deep and an effective curved length of 3.1m, finished in a range of ‘Marmoleum® Real’ colours to the customers choice, with 2 cable grommets in the top and cable management below. (see the full range of available Marmoleum® Real and Dual colours, go here)
* Bespoke drawer units and hardwood wood veneered desktops are available by special request.
* Suspended timber floor with 70mm fibreglass insulation and high performance quilt.
* Floor covering is generally not included, as this enables customers to choose to suit their own requirements. However, we can provide fitted carpet if required. We recommend that carpet is fitted with underlay to improve comfort and acoustics.
* Concrete pads or steel posts, depending onpon ground conditions.
* Top hinged gullwing door, with gas strut assistance
* Push handles and deadlock.
For further info
Director: Chris Sneesby
Registered Office: Unit 4, Handley Park
Elvington Ind Est
York Road, Elvington
North Yorkshire, YO41 4AR
The images, text and information by laura sweet on this site are licensed and protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. If you reproduce or re-purpose, be sure to credit this blog and link back to the post. Thanks.