Meet Marcel The Shell With Shoes On.




If you haven't yet met Marcel, you're missing out. So let me introduce you.



Marcel the Shell with shoes on is a delightful little character in this stop motion animated short directed by Dean Fleischer-Camp and voiced (not enhanced) by actress, comedienne, writer and 2009-2010 SNL cast member Jenny Slate. The short film was written by both Jenny Slate and Dean Fleischer-Camp.

Sweet and sad (in a Charlie Brown sort of way), Marcel has gone viral in a big way. And you can see why. Just watch the 3 minute and 20 second video below.




above left: Jenny Slate, the voice and co-creator of Marcel the shell, above right.

Marcel is so adored, he even made the New York magazine matrix - in the HighBrow/ Brilliant quadrant!


Marcel:


"Bestie by Bestie," is a web series about friendship that the former SNL star and her comedy partner (and life long bestie) Gabe Liedman screen at their weekly stand-up show. The video series is also directed by Dean Fleischer-Camp and the premiere episode can be viewed here.

Special thanks to my friend Jean Rhode who turned me onto this little guy.


UPDATE:
Now there's more Marcel to love. Check out the sequel, new book, and mobile apps here!

3 comments:

larsonSister said...

I literally watched this for the first time on Saturday and I immediately showed it to everyone I know... I find it awesome that it was featured on this, one of my favorite blogs.

"sometimes people tell me my head is too big for my body and I say, "compared to What?!"

hilarious.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Super cute-

I started following you yesterday but also saw your link through the Village today-

Take care, Ren

Bobby said...

So I just bought a Marcel shirt haha http://www.cafepress.com/MarcelsShoeShop




C'mon people, it's only a dollar.





Creative Commons License The images, text and information by laura sweet on this site are licensed and protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. If you reproduce or re-purpose, be sure to credit this blog and link back to the post. Thanks.