Logorama, a 16 minute movie, took home the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film last night. As you can imagine, many of the sites that previously has this short feature online have quickly disabled it, but I've got both the trailer and the whole film for you (until someone disables the link):
The whole film:
Directed by H5 (François Alaux, Hervé de Crécy and Ludovic Houplain), the short animated film featurtes more than 2500 logos which make up spectacular car chases, an intense hostage crisis, wild animals rampaging through the city... and much more.
Geek Details (thanks to Aeromental)
- The yellow persons on the streets are the logo from the Messenger of AOL.
- The Quicktime logo is a clock in the caffeteria
- For Pixar’s Wall-E fans, you can see the Buy N Large logo
- The Bar Equalizer from the Helicopter was the logo of Cisco Systems
- The earthquake in the city formed the X-Box logo, ironically destroying the Windows building and IBM
- The road near the mountains forms the VAIO logo.
- When the car crashes against a tree, many old Apple logos fall, the multicolor version.
- The cactus were made with the standard USB icon.
- The butterflies are the MSN logo.
- The floating W is for Microsoft Word.
- Sony Ericsson is the Moon.
- Internet Explorer appears as a planet.
You can also find Logorama in full length on iTunes (in case by the time you see this, they've figured out I posted the whole thing and disable it).