google ad sense 728 x 90

A Bald Artist Uses His Head As A Canvas: Meet James Kuhn



above: James Kuhn as Mr. T (note the doll's arm stuck up his nose)

Self-described artist, drag queen, former nudist, born again Christian, average 46 year old guy (hardly!) James Kuhn likes to paint his face. And I'm not just talking about a little gloss and guyliner. I'm talking complete transformations! In some cases he even adds doll parts, paper extensions and more. But there's no sense in trying to describe it, you simply have to see his self-portraits.


above: just a few of his hundreds of transformations, also available as a poster.

The following are a few of my favorites from his extensive sets on flickr. They are high res, so they may take awhile to download. Click on them to enlarge and see the details.

Conan (note the one 'shared eye'):

Cat with mouse:

Donkey:

Bluto and Popeye:

Woody the Woodpecker:

Polar Bear and Eskimo:

The Marx Brothers (he's upside down):

Bathing Beauty (her breasts are his nostrils):

Baby Doll (with plastic body glued to his head-he's upside down):

Pretzel Lion (yes, the mane is made of pretzels):

Flying Monkey (from the Wizard of Oz)

Pluto:

Stripper:

The Lollipop Guild (from the Wizard of Oz):


Check him out as a Gremlin, A moving Gremlin!


from his flickr profile:
 
I am not a photographer, but i take alot of photo's! My camera is a Canon Powershot A610 5.0 Mega Pixels, and i love it!!! I am an artist, drag queen, former nudist, born again Christian, average 46 year old guy...well maybe not exactly average! I love to paint on anything, including flesh! Mostly i paint images from the bible in a style i call "Paint Mosaic" a collage style made up of painted watercolor paper, cut up and assembled onto canvas. Currently i am having fun making photographic self portrait's, involving face painting. Face paint is the most exciting thing that has happened to me in a long while! I believe it may have magical powers! My "normal" painting has taken a back seat to my face work lately. For my face paints, i use Kryolan Aqua Color, Snazaroo, and Paradise by Mehron. I attended Burning Man in Nevada three years in a row and it was amazing!!! I believe it completely changed the way i think about art and perhaps the purpose for which i even make art. Art should never be a product. It should be a gift of love and a prayer. Art is silly, and fun, and can be powerful and sacred. I do show in galleries, but selling should never be your motivation for creating art. Check out my websites www.bibleartwork.com and www.myspace.com/jameskuhngallery. I attend a gay affirming church and its great! Jesus died for EVERYONE! I am not a gay Christian, i am a Christian [ in progress! Gods not finished with me yet! ] who happens to be gay. I'm Male and Single. http://www.myspace.com/hawhawjamesworld
See tons more of James Kunh's transformations on flickr here.

If you'd like to purchase one of his books, or posters or more, you can do so at his Qoop store here. If you're into body painting, don't miss these amazing artists:


Guido Daniele

  
  Emma Hack

 
Temptu

Please donate

C'mon people, it's only a dollar.