Too old to spend three days outdoors in the desert listening to loud music amongst rolling teens? Not if you bunk in one of these babies.
Luxury Safari Tents are now offered as onsite lodging at the annual Coachella music festival for those who don't wish to sleep in crammed nylon tent, a sleeping bag, the back of a car, or use their jacket as a pillow, flick bugs off their bodies or pee in a hole in the ground.
Safari Tent Rentals For On-Site Lodging At The Coachella Music Festival
This is the only way to obtain an all access pass to Coachella (unless you know one of the bands). This exclusive area will include, your own separate check-in location, fully furnished shakir style tents with air conditioning, restrooms & showers, golf cart shuttles to and from stages, free private parking lot, drop off area, breakfast and late night snacks, added security, outdoor chairs, shade tents + outdoor lighting, games and more
They don't come cheap, but they are certainly a memorable, romantic and comfortable way to experience the festival. Oh, and did I mention they don't come cheap?
$5000 (+ applicable charges) for the first 2 people.
$1000 for each additional person to stay in your tent.
Fully furnished awaiting your arrival. (2 person, includes festival access)
There are only a limited amount of these (2 person) Shikar style tents being made available. Access to this area will be solely limited to Safari tent wristband holders. These are the highest end of elegance and sophistication with luxury interiors, fully furnished for your choice of either sleeping or lounging.
Sleeping tents come with choice of two twin or 1 queen size bed, linens, tables, flooring, pillows, chairs, AIR conditioning, electrical outlets and more. (you can bring that laptop!)
•Purchasing these special luxury accommodations includes 2 ALL ACCESS "Main Stage" wristbands with special shuttles taking you inside the venue.
Festival wristbands and tent assignment (1st come first serve) will be distributed onsite at the Onsite Lodging area.
Safari Tent Rules & Info:
* All lodging attendees MUST be 18 years of age or older & have a valid I.D.. or accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
* Safari Tents open at noon on Thursday 4/15/10.
* There will be on-site security at all times as well as first aid stations open 24/7.
* All Safari Tent attendees are subject to search upon entry.
* Safari Tent attendees may visit the other onsite camping areas however onsite campers will not be allowed into the Safari Tent area.
* Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite lodging. Please visit the bottom of the Car/Tent camping page to review the rules for onsite camping.
* No glass containers, weapons, drug paraphernalia or drugs allowed.
* No animals will be allowed in onsite lodging.
* Safari Tent attendees are expected to behave in a manner that is courteous to other lodgers. Noise curfew at 2:00am.
* Venue/Promoter are not responsible for any materials misplaced, lost or stolen. It is recommended you don't bring valuable items or if you do, please lock them in your car for safety.
* Damages to Safari Tents will be billed directly to your credit card.
This year's Coachella 2010 line up:
•more information about reserving the tents here
Note: this post was inspired by my friend, Rich Siegel, and his fondness for yurts. He probably is too old for Coachella, but he writes a brilliant and hilarious blog. Check it out: