google ad sense 728 x 90

The Evolution of Today's Women's Day Google Doodle By Betsy Bauer.



You may have noticed that today's Google Doodle is in honor of Women's Day, which frankly, I had no idea existed. So how did this fun Google Doodle come into being?


In the words of the artist, Besty Bauer:
"Creating this Doodle, while lots of fun, was quite a challenge. After all, women make up more than half of the population. How can they be fairly represented in just one illustration? While no attempt is perfect, it took a number of tries to arrive at the final concept that you see on the homepage.

I initially thought it might be fun to simply depict some ladies having fun outside. I then tried to anthropomorphize the Google letters into women from different backgrounds and lifestyle choices. Ultimately, I didn’t feel that any of these fairly represented women as a whole.




The idea for the final illustration came to me while I was doing one of my favorite things -- sketching in a coffee shop. When drawing from life, you really observe how each human face is unique. People come in all shapes and sizes!



I realized that I could use a similar concept with the Women’s Day Doodle. Using simple shapes to write “Google” with negative space seemed to be the best way to approach this assignment; I now had far more to work with than simply replacing the 6 letters in “Google”.



I had fun painting this Doodle, and hope that others enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the creative process!

The final doodle:

Posted by Betsy Bauer, Doodler.

Thanks Betsy! We love it.

Please donate

C'mon people, it's only a dollar.