A few years back, I introduced you to Coffin Couches, a company that makes couches from actual recycled, well... re-purposed, steel coffins.
above: One of Coffin Couches' many custom options
Not alone in this creepy concept, Autum, a Los Angeles based store that produces limited edition items, has created The Heretic, a black Italian leather sofa hand-made from an 18 gauge steel coffin and produced in a limited edition of three.
* Hand Made USA
* Custom Built From an 18 Gauge, Steel Coffin
* Welded Underside For Durability
* Custom Hand Sewn Seating Area
* Airbrushed: Gloss Black / Pewter Trim
* Black Italian Leather: Life Marks & Grain Variations Will Occur
* Laser Engraved ID Plaque
* Limited Production Run of (3)
* 81.5″ x 31″ x 26.5″
* Complimentary Domestic Shipping / International Orders: Contact Us
Price? $4,500 USD
Buy it here
the fabulous photos are by photographer Phillip Ritchie , courtesy of Autum.
Press And Advertising
Please go here to learn about this blog's demographics and advertising opportunities.
The images, text and information by laura sweet on this site are licensed and protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. If you reproduce or re-purpose, be sure to credit this blog and link back to the post. Thanks.