Chronicle Books has just released two terrific collections for lovers of typography and contemporary art. Affordable, functional notecards, notebooks, postcards and journals.
Having teamed up with hip font foundry House Industries, Chronicle Books is offering a fabulous boxed postcard collection, a sticker and label book and a set of four mini eco-Journals.
House Industries 100 Postcards:
The boxed set of 100 postcards has an impressive range of letters, numbers, symbols, and patterns (including two full alphabets!) and is printed in bright, bold colors and silver metallic accents. Highlighting House Industries’ cache of typographic treasures, the postcards measure 4 3/8 x 6 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches and come in a cool hinged lidded box.
Link to buy:House Industries 100 Postcards
House Industries Labels & Stickers:
This will hip up scrapbookers everywhere! This handy portfolio contains hundreds of stickers adorned with House Industries’ one-of-a-kind fonts. Including full alphabets, numbers, and symbols galore, these colorful labels are kissed with metallic flourishes and are perfect for personalizing packages, labeling books, decorating goodies, and more. The kraft paperback portfolio measures 5 3/8 x 6 7/8 inches and has 30 full-color sticker sheets and metallic silver ink.
Link to buy: House Industries Labels & Stickers: Over 299 Typographic Stickers for Decor and Design
House Industries Four Mini Eco-Journals:
A set of hip mini eco-journals (1 graph, 1 lined, 1 blank, 1 dotted) feature enticing patterns with classic type elements, all drawn from House Industries’ collection of cool fonts. Featuring splashes of metallic ink and bold designs, these eye-catching journals are as covetable as they are portable. 4 notebooks, each notebook: paperback with stitched spine, 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 in, 48 pp, 100% recycled paper, 1-color interior, bellyband and polybagged.
Link to buy: House Industries Mini Eco-Journals: Four Mini Eco-Journals
Hugo Guinness Journal and Note Cards
Hugo Guinness, is a London-born New York-based artist, illustrator, model and writer. He is known for his illustrations in the New York Times and his bold, graphic black-and-white block prints, many of which have appeared in films and publications. Known for his fabulous lino cuts, Hugo Guinness has created a journal and boxed collection of notecards for Chronicle Books.
Desktop Objects Journal:
Five favorite pens lined up in a row—it’s an image that writers, artists, designers, and students will appreciate. Within, this sophisticated journal features striking linocuts of desktop objects, inspiring planning, doodling, note-taking, or dreaming. The journal measures 5 x 7 1/8 inches, has 192 pages with various 1-color illustrations and has a lay-flat binding making it easy to use.
Link to buy: Desktop Objects Journal
A Curious Collection - 20 Different Notecards and Envelopes:
An inkpot. A keychain. A vintage car. A dog. In this handsome and eclectic collection, 20 unique cards feature classic linocut prints from Hugo Guinness depicting all manner of things, ideal for all manner of correspondence. Measuring 4 3/8 x 5 9/16 x 1 9/16 inches each, the lidded box contains 20 cards (20 designs) and 20 envelopes.
Link to buy: A Curious Collection: 20 Different Notecards & Envelopes
Full disclosure: these items were sent to me for review from Chronicle Books, with the understanding that if I did not find them of interest, I would not blog about them.
Renowned street style photographer Phil Oh of Street Peeper was enlisted to shoot this year's installment (the third) of StyleCaster's "The 50 Most Stylish New Yorkers."
above: Phil Oh is the man behind the street style fashion blog Street Peeper
Captured against New York’s various backdrops — from the tree-lined avenues of the Upper East Side to the mural-covered streets on the Bowery, the list includes designers, restaurateurs, musicians, models, and all-around trendsetters who represent a colorful and diverse cross-section of this innovative, fast-paced style epicenter.
Here's a look at all of StyleCaster's "50 Most Stylish New Yorkers" in alphabetical order.
1. Anya Ziourova Twitter & Instagram: @anyaziourova
2. Arran Patel
3. Blair Eadie Twitter & Instagram: @BlairEadieBEE
4. Brendan Fallis Twitter & Instagram: @brendanfallis
5. Brooke Wall Twitter: @brookewall, Instagram: @brooke_wall
6. Chloe Noorgard Twitter & Instagram : @ChloeNorgaard
7. Chris Benz Twitter & Instagram: @cmbenz
8. Claire Distenfield Twitter: @FivestoryNY, Instagram: @claire_fivestory
9 & 10. Courtney Love Twitter @Courtney, Instagram: @courtneylove and Scott Lipps Twitter & Instagram: @Scottlipps
11. Cynthia Rowley Twitter & Instagram: @Cynthia_Rowley
12. Danielle Bernstein Twitter & Instagram: @WeWoreWhat
13. Danny Bowien Twitter: @dannybowien
14. Fiona Byrne Twitter & Instagram : @nycfiona
15. Hannah Bronfman Twitter & Instagram: @hannahbronfman
16. Hanne Gaby Twitter: @hannegabysays, Instagram: @hannegabysees
17. Hesta Prynn Twitter & Instagram: @hestaprynnmusic
18. Holly Stair Twitter & Instagram @hollystair
19. Jen Fisher Twitter & Instagram @jfisherjewelry
20. Jen Missoni Twitter: @jenmissoni
21. Josh Peskowitz Twitter: @jpeskowitz
22. Kate Foley Twitter & Instagram: @real_kate_foley
23. Kenzo Minami Twitter & Instagram: @KenzoMinami
24. Kilo Kish Twitter: @kilokish, Instagram: @kishkilo
25. Linda Fargo: Twitter: @bergdorfs
26. Lisa Salzer Twitter & Instagram @Lulu_Frost
27. Loan Tran
28. Logan Horne Twitter: @logandoesntweet, Instagram: @jloganhorne
29. Marcus Samuelsson Twitter & Instagram: @MarcusCooks
30. & 31. Mia Moretti & Margot Twitter & Instagram: @miamoretti
32. Misty Copeland Twitter & Instagram: @mistyonpointe
33. Molly Guy Twitter: @Molly_Guy
34. Mordechai Rubenstein Twitter @MISTERMORT
35. Natalia Kills Twitter @NataliaKills, Instagram: @iamnataliakills
36. Nicole Trunfio Twitter & Instagram: @nictrunfio
37. Nicolette Mason Twitter & Instagram: @nicolettemason
38. Patina Miller Twitter: @patinamiller
39. Patricia Field Twitter: @Pat_Field, Instagram: @patricia_field
40. Phil Oh Twitter & Instagram: @MrStreetPeeper
41. Preetma Singh Twitter: @workinggirlesq
42. Rachel Antonoff: Twitter & Instagram: @rachelantonoff
43. Ruthie Friedlander Twitter & Instagram: @RuthieFrieds
44. Saada Ahmed
45. Scott Schuman Twitter: @Sartorialist, Instagram: @thesartorialist
46. Sydney Reising Twitter & Instagram: @SydneyReising
47. Taylor Barringer Instagram: @taylorbarringer
48 and 49. Valerie and Jean of "The Idiosyncratic Fashionista"
50. Walt Frazier Twitter & Instagram @WaltFrazier
The press release:
The 2013 edition of StyleCaster's monumental editorial will be presented by Sperry Top-Sider.
This year's edition of StyleCaster's "Most Stylish New Yorkers" features a highly curated group of 50 designers, restaurateurs, musicians, models, and all-around trendsetters who represent a colorful and diverse cross-section of this innovative, fast-paced style epicenter.
"The publishing industry has completely been revolutionized by digital, and this Fashion Week will give more proof to that than ever before," says Ari Goldberg, CEO and founder of StyleCaster. "We - the digital leaders - have re-created the September issue. We can now break the mold of style consumption and offer an ultimately accessible high gloss editorial in real time to every style enthusiast worldwide."
To bring the feature to life, StyleCaster collaborated with renowned street style photographer Phil Oh, a.k.a. Street Peeper, who captured each of the Most Stylish honorees against the backdrop of the city.
"Our annual Most Stylish New Yorkers feature is really our September issue," says Laurel Pinson, Editor in Chief of StyleCaster Media Group. "Every year, we challenge ourselves to find 50 new, dazzling people to highlight, and this year's feature is really a cornucopia of New York style."
Launched as a kick-off to New York Fashion Week, StyleCaster and Sperry Top-Sider will celebrate The Most Stylish New Yorkers by toasting to this year's honorees and their friends on Thursday, September 5th at Lavo.
StyleCaster introduced the "Most Stylish" series in March of 2011 with the company's premiere installment of "The 50 Most Stylish New Yorkers." Now in its third year, the "Most Stylish" cover story has expanded to take on the entrepreneurs, stylists, actors, and innovators of Austin, Los Angeles, The Hamptons, and Miami, as well as trendsetters within the social media, startup, music, and blogging industries.
StyleCaster is proud to have curated, procured, produced, and now present the newest addition to the 'Most Stylish' franchise, "The 50 Most Stylish New Yorkers of 2013," presented by Sperry Top-Sider. #MostStylishNY
Media Group: StyleCaster Media Group enables consumers to discover and share their style, interact with premium brands, and make educated buying decisions in a truly interactive way. Dedicated to bringing 'Style to the People,' StyleCaster is the very first media company to break the barrier between digital and social media. Through its expansive portfolio of content platforms – StyleCaster, Beauty High, The Vivant, and Daily Makeover - as well as its category-leading proprietary Try On! Technology Makeover Solutions, StyleCaster reaches more than 7 million unique monthly visitors and has partnered with more than 80 top-tier advertising partners since launch. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in New York City. For more information, please visit StyleCaster's corporate page at StyleCasterMediaGroup.com.