Spray It, Don't Say it: Harajuku Lovers Cute New Bottles By Gwen Stefani
Harajuku (hara•joo•koo) n. 1. A style and attitude of Japanese girls from Harajuku, Tokyo. n. 2. Anything goes: outrageous, layered, and eye-catching.
Harajuku Lovers Fragrance: n. 1. A fatal attraction to cuteness.
Inspired by the electric street scene of the Harajuku shopping district in Tokyo, the Harajuku Lovers fragrance collection captures the lyrics and iconography from Gwen Stefani's albums. These unique fragrances, in their adorable doll-decanters, will appeal to anyone with a "fatal attraction to cuteness." But given the reviews of the actual scents, I suggest you buy them for the bottle only.
Clearly aimed at a younger crowd than Gwen's previous scent, the cute little bottles are selling out fast already.
Made by Coty,(probably why they don't smell like 'good' perfumes) they are as follows:
* Love is a floral with top notes of sparkling bergamot, pink pomelo, peach and bamboo leaf mist; a heart of watery peony, living hydroponic lace rose, jasmine sambac, nectarine blossom, creamy paperwhites and Egyptian jasmine, and a drydown of petally ylang, creamy vanilla orchid, sensual musk and blond wood.
* Lil' Angel is a fruity floral with notes of raspberry, cranberry, blackberry and pineapple; a heart of pear blossom, candied violet and sugared rose, and a drydown of lollipop accord, hinoki wood and crystal amber.
* Music has top notes of clementine and sparkling pear; a heart of jasmine sambac, sweet pea and honeysuckle, and a drydown of vanilla, skin musk and sleek woods.
* Baby, has top notes of freesia, bergamot and white rose; a heart of orange flower, tiare flower and jasmine petals, and a drydown of white musk, soft woods, heliotrope, vanilla and violet.
* G has top notes of crisp mandarin, fresh coconut and apple skin; a heart of jasmine sambac, soft freesia and magnolia vapor, and a drydown of coconut cream, white sandalwood and cottonwoods.
Gwen Stefani sure knows how to market trends and this latest collection of stylized hip asian perfume bottles with sweet little scents named Love, G, Music, Lil' Angel and Baby is yet another example. Now, a lot has been said about Gwen's obvious obsession with asian anime and iconography. Even mad TV did a funny little spoof:
But despite the fact that Gwen isn't Asian (has anyone told her?), she's making an awful lot of yen.
Buy them here, along with all the Harajuku items.