10.19.2007

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Holy Art Project, Batman! Saint Madonna Statues Reinterpreted by Soasig Chamalliard




above: Super Madonna

Here's a wonderfully fun art project by french artist, Soasig Chamalliard called "Apparitions" by Soasig Chamaillard in which she takes existing figurines of the Virgin Mary and re-imagines them.

In the artists's own words:
“I’m a french Artist looking for art galleries in Paris or in others countries to make known my work. About my work I just can say that I don’t use Holy Marie as my subject to shock a catholic public. I like to play with icons like a children with his toys, to try to understand the world which surrounds me.

As P.Auster said, ‘The true goal of art is not to create beautiful objects: it is a method of reflexion, a means of apprehending the universe and of finding its place there’. It’s a truth for me. I try to do that with my sensitivity.”
– Soasig Chamaillard

Geisha Madonna:



Barbie Madonna:



Chameleon Madonna:




GPS Madonna/ Madonna of Guidance:



Fruits and Veggies Madonna:



Kissing Madonnas:



Diversion Madonna:



Cut Here Madonna:



Self-portrait of the artist with Madonna:


Soasig Chamalliard was born in 1976 and attended the Beaux-Artes from 1996-2000.
I do believe most of these belong in private collections and are no longer for sale.

See the artist's myspace page here.
The actual site.

0 comments:

C'mon people, it's only a dollar.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

http://www.madisonstyle.com/womens-shoesMattel delivers play every day - Shop online at Mattel Shop!




Press And Advertising

Please go here to learn about this blog's demographics and advertising opportunities.
Creative Commons License The images, text and information by laura sweet on this site are licensed and protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. If you reproduce or re-purpose, be sure to credit this blog and link back to the post. Thanks.