google ad sense 728 x 90

Bored of Tord?


I know I'm risking having woodland creatures crawl into my home and kill me as a result of my mentioning anything negative about the hot designer Tord Boontje, but once a designer starts creating things for Target, the sheen dulls a bit for me.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Target and greatly respect Mr. Boontje. And I've got to give the guy credit.

What started out as a laser cut garland for plain light bulbs (the Midsummer Garland) and a laser cut curtain for those who can't afford doors (hee hee), The Until Dawn Curtain, has become a woodland creature empire. But I'm already sick and tired of seeing a lot of this stuff:



However, what you may not be familiar with is some of his variations on the theme. And that's what I'm here to show you. Below are some of his, shall we say, less attainable products. In other words, you won't find them at Target, or even Moss in NY, but I've got a few pics for you:



I'm sure they'll be in his new design book, available any day now (which, by the way, is 5% cheaper on Overstock than on Amazon and shipping is less too!)



For those of you who simply can't get enough Boontje (pronounced boan-dcha) Bounty, you'll find his ubiquitous curtains, plates, garlands and even tattoos at Unica, Moss, and of course, Target.

Worth a mention is the guy's own site. It's really beautifully designed, you ought to check it out here.

Please donate

C'mon people, it's only a dollar.