NOTE: Since this post, the I'm Watch has been redesigned. Check out the new updated better looking I'm Watch here.
Designed and assembled in Italy, the i'm Watch functions like a smart phone for your wrist. The wireless Bluetooth enabled watch works with the Android phone, the iPhone4 and, come January 2012, the Blackberry.
It can receive and send phone calls, e-mails, instant messages, text messages, stores addresses, photos, receive Facebook™, Twitter™, Foursquare™ notifications, check stocks, read the news and a lot more.
It's available to purchase now in either the Color collection (fun bright colors) or in the Jewel collection (black with yellow gold, white with diamonds, black with black gold, white with pink gold and black with titanium).
The video below shows the Color Collection and is followed by images of all the styles, the functions and technical specs.
The i'm Watch Color Collection available in White, Black, Red, Yellow, Green, Light Blue and Pink:
The i'm Watch Jewel Collection available in Yellow Gold, White Gold, Pink Gold, Black Gold, Titanium:
With i’m Watch you can:
• Visualise the watch both in the analogue and digital format: as you prefer.
• Receive calls showing name and number of caller: and see who is calling you at a glance. You can decide whether to answer or decline a call. All this while keeping your smartphone silent in your pocket.
• Call by entering the number or by using the address book: to make a call, all you need to do is enter a number or touch a name. As simple as that. And you can do it just about anywhere: simply touch a name in your address book.
• Use speakerphone: that’s going hands free. For example, avoid distractions while driving.
• Receive text messages with preview: from today, reading a text message is as easy as checking the time.
• Receive emails showing the sender and the subject: your emails straight on your i'm Watch: sender and subject are sufficient to understand importance of the email and therefore decide whether to read it immediately or later on your smartphone.
• Check the weather forecast of your city: you are updated in real time and wherever you go. Under any circumstance, weather forecast for the next hours is useful.
• Receive notifications from Facebook™, Twitter™, Foursquare™, etc.: i'm Watch is more social than you can even imagine. Keep in touch with the world.
• Download all the music you want from i’music: and then listen to it whenever. What about incoming calls? Music is paused when i’mWatch rings and to answer just click the button on your headphones.
• Download apps from i’m store: each downloaded app offers new functions to your i'm Watch, making it more and more fun and capable of doing extraordinary things.
• View the photo and image gallery: on i'mWatch your photos sparkle and shine in all their splendour. With a touch you can enlarge them and with another restore them to their original size. Just swipe the display and you can slide through unforgettable moments and instants. Always with you, all on your wrist.
• View stock market data and receive notifications: follow and keep up-to-date on all your interests, wherever you are. It is sufficient to personalise notifications you want to receive.
• Receive appointment notifications and consult the same: with only a touch you can check on your next appointment and with a quick glance read a notification.
• You can transform an idea into an app. There are no limits to your fantasy. The world of i’m Watch is open to all developers who, just like ourselves, believe that we are about to write the history of smartwatches.
• Use the apps you prefer and pass from one to another in just seconds without slowing down performances of the app in the foreground or discharging the battery uselessly. i'm Watch is multitasking.
Size and Weight:
Height: 55 mm
Width: 40 mm
Depth: 9 mm
Weight: 70 gr (for the i'm color version)
Flash Drive: 4GB
RAM: 64 MB
1.54” (diagonal) colour TFT display
240x240 pixel resolution
220 ppi (pixel per inch)
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Power and battery:
Built-in rechargeable Li-Po 600 mA battery
Charging via USB to computer system or via power adapter
Standby time without Bluetooth connection: up to 48 hours
Standby time with Bluetooth connection: up to 30 hours
Talk time with speakerphone: up to 2 hours
Time for other uses: up to 2 hours
Formats supported: all formats
Black Berry (January, 2012)
Connectors and input/output:
3.5 mm headphone, connection and power minijack
External buttons and controls:
English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan and Vietnamese.
*Technical specifications may be subject to change.
Buy the i'm Watch here
Press And Advertising
Please go here to learn about this blog's demographics and advertising opportunities.
The images, text and information by laura sweet on this site are licensed and protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. If you reproduce or re-purpose, be sure to credit this blog and link back to the post. Thanks.