NOTE: You are on an old site. Find this and all new posts here
Design Within Reach and the New York Times have teamed up to create a very special crossword puzzle for architecture and design enthusiasts that appeared in today's issue of the NY Times T Design Magazine.
For those of you who do not get the New York Times, I have recreated it here for you along with all the clues and some special hints, courtesy of DWR.
This puzzle will also appear in today's October 7 issue of T Design (see page 60) in The New York Times.
HINTS TO A FEW CLUES from DWR:
1. AKA Y-Back Chair designer Wegner
Visual hint: The Y-Back Chair is also known as the Wishbone.
23. A chair to tiptoe through
Visual hint: This chair was designed by Eero Saarinen in 1956.
63. Designer of Womb Chair and TWA terminal at JFK
103. Egg, e.g.
Visual hint: Arne Jacobsen designed this organic form for the SAS Hotel in Copenhagen.
27. They designed and lived in Case Study House #8
104. Designer of logos for UPS, IBM and ABC
Visual hint, courtesy of Apple Computer