A Calendrier Olfactif- 2011 Candle calendar set by Quintessence
A box of twelve individually packaged candles marked for each month, from Paris based perfumerie Quintessence. From chefs and palmists to fashion designers, each container and scent has been created by a different artist.
Artists include Azzedine Alaia, Association La Voix de l'Enfant, Madison Cox, Frederic Fekkai, Christian Tortu, Jean-Pierre Vigato, François Catroux, Yaguel Didier, Ines Sastre, Jean-Michel Othoniel, Jean-Francois Lesage and Apollonia Poilane.
A very interesting and evocative idea from the fine Parisian distillateur’s Quintessence. Let each month fill your house with a specially curated scent; you can even keep the containers once the candle has burnt down and refill them with tea lights.
30 hours burn time each
Includes a calendar with information about each artist for that corresponding month:
The 12 designers and scents:
• January by the Association La Voix de l'Enfant - Childhood Memories (strawberry)
• February by Christian Tortu - Hyacinth
• March by François Catroux - Geranium
• April by Yaguel Didier - Iris Intuition
• May by Ines Sastre - Sweet Pea
• June by Jean-Pierre Vigato - Basilicum- Helichrysum
• July by Azzedine Alaia - Beach
• August by Jean-Michel Othoniel - Melting Tar
• September by Madison Cox - Carnation
• October by Jean-Francois Lesage - Alpassi
• November by Frederic Fekkai - Almond and Honey
• December by Apollonia Poilane - Gingerbread
Price £470 ( $727.75)
buy it here at Browns
via What's Up
The images, text and information by laura sweet on this site are licensed and protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. If you reproduce or re-purpose, be sure to credit this blog and link back to the post. Thanks.