NOTE: You are on an old site. Find this and all new posts here
Here's a little eye candy...er, vegetable, for you. I came across this fun image created by illustrator Christoph Niemann for the New York Times and wanted to share it with you, along with the originals that it represents.
The image features mid century modern furniture classics, architecture - even a famous architect in his iconic eyewear - by well known designers crafted from squash and gourds.
In case you are unfamiliar with the originals that inspired them, I have culled them for you here.
1. Hang-it-All by Charles and Ray Eames, 1953
2. PH 4/3 Lamp by Poul Hennigsen, 1966
3. TWA Terminal in New York by Eero Saarinen, 1962
4. Philip Johnson (1906-2005)
above portrait by Luca Vignelli
5. La Chaise by Charles and Ray Eames, 1948
6. The Egg Chair by Arne Jacobsen, 1958
7. The Swan Chair by Arne Jacobsen, 1958
Christoph is best known for his work for the New Yorker Magazine. You can see more of his wonderful work at his website here.