NOTE: You are on an old site. Find this and all new posts here
What is it?
A newly completed 24 town house development that is both green and nicely designed.
Celadon’s modern minimalist eco-friendly townhomes are meticulously designed. These spacious residences feature 10 to 20 foot ceilings with soaring open spaces, fully appointed gourmet European kitchens, luxury master suites and expansive windows--- and lots of eco-friendly features!
Why is it?
Origin Development, developer of Celadon, seeks to develop a new type of community that fosters the health of humanity and of the environment. The goal is to lessen our footprint on the Earth by promoting smarter development. Green building increases the chances for a higher resale value and provides a living environment that is healthier, more comfortable and more cost-effective.
All of the homes at Celadon are 30-40% more energy efficient than standard homes and are Energy Star qualified. Energy Star homes feature enhanced insulation, high-performance windows, tight construction and ducts, efficient heating and cooling, efficient appliances and third party verification. As a result, owners enjoy an automatic 5% savings year-round on their power bill.
* Bamboo flooring in living areas and bedrooms
* Natural slate flooring on ground level that “flows” from outside
* Modern designer hardware on all doors
* Security system
* Pre-Wire package
* Quiet-track belt-drive garage door opener
Kitchens designed for the chef and the entertainer:
* Modern designer kitchen cabinets with choice of genuine Wenge wood veneer or solid color lacquer gloss finishes; buyer-specified custom color available as an upgrade
* Blum BlumMotion hardware including slow closing drawers and cabinet doors
* Quartz countertops
* Stainless steel undermount kitchen sink
* Glass tile backsplash
* Fisher & Paykel DishDrawer dishwasher
* Fisher & Paykel gas cook top on pedestal island
* Fisher & Paykel wall-mounted oven and microwave
* Stainless steel island range hood
* Interactive countertop to accommodate stools
* Premium modern faucets
Modern-design bathrooms with luxurious features, including:
* 2' x 2' Porcelain tile on walls and floor
* Quartz vanity with inset vessel sinks
* Premium faucets
* Modern designer toilets
* Dual showers in master
* Freestanding soaking tub in master
* Separate water closet in master
* Oversize walk-in closets
* Glass-enclosed wet room/shower
where is it?
Celadon is set among the tree-lined streets and sidewalks of the Historic Wesley Heights neighborhood, less than a half mile from uptown Charlotte, North Carolina.
About 30% of the entire site is reserved for a dedicated tree-save area, reducing storm water runoff and ensuring pristine views remain while providing a buffer between the greenway and the private enclave of Celadon.
who is it?
Origin Development, LLC
Celadon is designed, built, marketed and sold by a team led by Origin Development. Origin Development was started by two partners, James Funderburk and Jim Hock who are passionate about Charlotte and seek to improve the community.
• square footage ranges from 1000 sq.feet to 2,500 sq.feet
• costs range from 235k to $495k.
Architects: Liquid Design, Builders: Sagehorn & Co., Inc.
all photos courtesy of celadon and Liquid Design.
celadon greenway townhomes