Sometimes, some of us get 'too close' to our work and we are unable to view it with fresh eyes. So before you go buying that url, I suggest you type it out and have someone else read it. Why? Read on...
I've been helping a client of mine name his company as well as find an available url for him. One of his suggestions was to name his company O Incorporated. Never mind the multitude of reasons why that name is both wrong, inappropriate and 'taken' by Oprah, Overstock, Cirque Du Soleil, etc.. but the fact that his url would have read as www.oinc.com (oink!) was something I had to bring to his attention as well.
Which brings me to the hilarious and real URLs below brought to my attention by Sean Alvarez of www.watchmylistings.com
ACTUAL "ONLINE" NAMES:
All of these are legitimate companies that didn't spend quite enough
time considering how their online names might appear .... and be misread.
These are not made up. Check them out yourself!
1. Who Represents is where you can find the name of the agent that
represents any celebrity. Their Web site is http://www.whorepresents.com/
2 . Experts Exchange is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange
advice and views at http://www.expertsexchange.com/
3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at http://www.penisland.net/
4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at http://www.therapistfinder.com/
5. There's the Italian Power Generator company, http://www.powergenitalia.com/
6. And don't forget the Mole Station Native Nursery in New South Wales,
7. If you're looking for IP computer software, there's always www .ipanywhere.Com
8. The First Cumming Methodist Church Web site is http://www.cummingfirst.com/
9. And the designers at Speed of Art await you at their wacky Web site,
And I'm still chuckling over Powergenitalia! Speedo Fart sends me into giggles as well.
Press And Advertising
Please go here to learn about this blog's demographics and advertising opportunities.
The images, text and information by laura sweet on this site are licensed and protected under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. If you reproduce or re-purpose, be sure to credit this blog and link back to the post. Thanks.